Plex For Everyone
By Manesh Lad - @gadgetlad, @maneshlad
Plex is a piece of software that allows you to easily stream you media from your home computer to all of your connected devices both inside and outside the home. For example this means you have access to all your photos, music and video when your away from home using your iPhone or iPad. Here’s how to get started:
You install Plex Media Server software (free) on you windows or mac pc and tell it where to find your media. Then you signup for a free MyPlex account and that’s it.
* Obtain the Plex client software for the device of choice (free to $5)
* Sign in with you MyPlex client
* That’s it, your done!
Plex clients are available on the following class of devices:
* Computers - Mac or Windows using Plex Media Center software
* Mobile - iPhone, iPad, Android Phones, Tablets and eReaders
* Connected Devices - TVs (Recent LG Smart TVs, Google TV’s)
* Connected Devices - Streaming Boxes from Roku (as a Beta Private Channel), Apple TV (jail Broken), LG Smart TV Upgrader
Go to www.myplexapp.com to get more details and download the software.